ASIAN CARERS’ FORUM
Asian Carers Forum is a provider of Advice & information, breaks, pampering sessions and health awareness sessions to meet the needs of Asian Carers. The forum has developed to recognise, support and assist local Carers, and provide opportunities to enjoy variety of break services. The forum is very active and meets once a month for varied activities, and it membership is growing all the time. We receive a grant from Bolton Council to provide services, activities and breaks.
WHAT WE DO
- We hold regular Carer’s meetings to update Carers about the forum and its activities.
- A helpline service with bilingual staff is available for emotional support.
- We network with relevant Carers services and organisations and provide access to information on services within the borough.
- All publicity material is available in English and Gujarati.
- Benefit Advice Surgery for Carers is available on Tuesday’s on appointment basis.
- We signpost Carers to other services i.e. Carer’s assessment,,health checks
We provide a variety of break services for Carers giving them a wide range of choice from Pampering Session, Day Trips, Weekend Trips, Abroad Trips.
(All Trip Subsidised for Registered Carers of Asian Carers’ Forum Only)
Providing a listening and advice service through the forum which range from one to one meetings, telephone support and home visits.
HAVING A VOICE:
This specialised local needled service provides Asian Carers’ a platform to actively participate in a strategic decision making process on local level.
We also encourage Carers to have a voice through our forum, share experiences, ideas, and have a social interaction with other Carers.
ACF is a part of Asian Elders Resource Centre (AERC) which enables Carers to take advantage of all the services provided at the Drop in Centre.
Please click the link below to download the Asian Carers’ Forum Membership Form
Asian Carers’ Forum Membership Form